Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Reality Television: Real or Unreal




Reality television has taken over the networks especially networks such as MTV and VH1. I have tuned into certain reality television shows such as Jersey Shore, Flavor of Love, and Love and Hip Hop. I wasn’t really that into them but it seems that it has taken the world by storm. Reality television shows are among the top ratings in the United States. For example, Jersey Shore's fourth-season premiere draws 8.8 million viewers. Reality television are not fully legit to me, I feel some of the things are written and they are acting some of the situations out but saying that I think some reality shows are pretty good and capable of watching. I don’t believe that reality television affect people’s behavior because I don’t see or hear their actions being shown or displayed in the public. I do think that people may receive ideas on what to do but I also think they were going to perform those actions with or without the show. The people on these shows are trying to be a fan favorite and trying to get a little stardom while also doing what the show ask, they want people to write and talk about them so not only the show becomes popular but there character. I think the show is reflected from society, for example, Jersey Shore shows Italians partying at the Jersey Shore; this is common; it just shows the lifestyle of the cast and their experiences to viewers. The young people can be influenced by what goes on in the shows especially seeing how much fun there having but everyone have choices and they will have to deal them when the situation appear and that’s how people grow up. Reality television is definitely something to watch because we enjoy seeing people other than ourselves go through different things, not understanding that these are people lives that are being affected. I think eventually reality television will fade out and something new will take its place but in mean time people will still enjoy REALITY TELEVISION.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment